Facebook Page Group Rules
SewKids Club Group Rules:
By being part of this group, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. If you don’t agree please delete yourself from the group.
I created this group because I want to help a new generation of kids and teens fall in love with sewing. Sewing has become a bit of a lost skill and I want to provide a free resource to learning.
This is a safe place for people interested in sewing for beginners, intermediate and advanced sewers to come together and help each other.
Types of posts appreciated here:
-Tips, Techniques and Motivation regarding all things sewing.
-Questions. All questions related to technique, tools, struggles etc. are welcome here. We are here to support each other the best we can.
1. No promos/sales. This rule is in place we want to keep the focus on people’s questions and engagement. If you are unsure of your post, please clear it with admin prior to posting.
Definition of promo:
-selling anything (product, services, course, training, program)
-promoting a webinar or live training event
-posting a link to your OWN or other sewing school website.
-posting links to your social media profiles (FB, Twitter, IG, Periscope, etc) or posting your “handle” unless someone directly asks for it.
-posting any images or photos that have your website URL, your business name/logo, or using your business-related hashtags on them
-linking to a personal blog post or video directly on the main wall
-posting links to your Youtube Channel or videos that promote you/your business
-posting directly from your business page into the group
-asking people to message you for more info on something
-posts that read ‘Ask me anything about XYZ’ or the ‘I’m free for the next XX minutes to answer questions about XYZ’ or any other similar variations
Basically, if it feels like a promo then it is a promo
THINGS THAT AREN’T ALLOWED:
—>No promoting of other Training whether that is online or in person. If you have a Training coming up, please ask me for permission first. I decide if the Training can be advertised.
—>No promoting of other Facebook groups or any other groups outside of SewKids Club is allowed because of complaints I’ve received about other Facebook groups being spammy or just out to make money.
—>No messaging members of the group if they didn’t address you in the group first. No spamming each other in personal Facebook messages. If you do this, you will be deleted and banned permanently from the group. No second chances.
—>No posting affiliate links to get people to sign up in other programs or platforms (no affiliate links are allowed in this group at all.
2. Be nice. If you are the opposite, you’ll be kicked out. No second chances.
This is a place for helping others. Not criticizing. Please think before you comment.
Ask yourself ‘Is this comment going to support the original poster and help them grow?’
3. Give genuine feedback to others. We are here to help each other grow our sewing skills.
4. Posting links to personal blog posts and video in the COMMENTS of someone’s thread is okay. If someone asks a question and you have content that can help them, feel free to comment with any links you’d like. If someone asks a question, go ahead and post a comment or video with the answer in the comments section. However, don’t be sneaky and post your link in a comment if it doesn’t relate to the posters question.
5. No creating or uploading new documents in the group. Any documents/files not created or uploaded by me or my team will be deleted.
6. What happens in SewKids Club STAYS in Sewkids Club. Please do not copy or share any content posted in the group without prior consent from the original poster. I want this group to be a safe place for people to express themselves, grow their skill, and share struggles. Let’s help each other the best we can. Also, if someone posts information that is intimate and personal, let’s show love and compassion and support for people when they are overwhelmed and frustrated.
Learning a new skill is not always fairies and butterflies. There are down times too. Let’s be gentle with each other during those times of need.
7. Do not personal message any members of the group or email people spamming them after you find them in this group. Pitching to people in a private message will get your banned from the group. If someone reports you to me for doing something like this, you will be banned immediately.
8. Please no asking questions for others to share links to other FB groups, or any other groups outside of SewKids Club.
9. When sharing a “win” or “revelation” please do not post a link with your post. We love celebrating each other’s awesomeness but don’t make a winning post into a promo by adding a link. Thanks! If you break the rules, me (Giselle Ysidron) or my team reserve the right to remove you as we see fit. **Just a note: remember that this is a group where anyone can join who are kids/teens interested in learning to sew. Do not share content that is private. I, Giselle Ysidron, SewKids! Inc. am not responsible if someone steals an idea from you. Just be mindful of what you are posting.
Thanks for your participation in this group! We’re going to have SEW much fun!